Tuesday, August 20, 2013

OH YUM!!!


Picture by Caprice Miller

How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth! – Psalm 119:103

When I saw this picture for the first time I think I experienced a little sensory overload.   I am a chocolate lover and this is some of the finest chocolate there is – Godiva!  Melt in your mouth, creamy deliciousness! My favorites are the truffles.  And with Godiva truffles you always get that great diagram of what’s inside the truffles in the box so you can actually know what you are going to find, unlike Forest Gump and his box of chocolates.   I can’t think of a time I have been disappointed when I experience them. 
Even if you don’t appreciate the joy that chocolate can bring to life (my own mother doesn’t but I still love her deeply though.)    I’m sure there is another food that you might have a similar reaction to when you taste it.   When we even ponder the thought of consuming this treat there is a craving ignited in us.  We just can’t wait to get our hands on it and get our fill. 

In a very real sense this is what happens when we have experienced God’s word too.  When we allow it to melt into our lives, it provides that sweetness that nourishes, comforts, and gives us strength to take that next step.  If you read through Psalm 119 you’ll see how much the writer loves God’s word.  It’s as though he can’t get enough of it.   It’s a contagious sensation.  Just reading it creates that desire to want to know more of what is being written about.  God’s word is truly amazing.  From beginning to end is the thread that weaves through history of the greatest story ever.  It is living and breathing and brings new life to those that consume it.   
 I have to say, even as much as I love Godiva chocolate, I have my limit and I know too much of a good thing is not good at some point.  HOWEVER, there is no such thing as too much of the sweetness of God’s word.    The more that is taken in the more you want and the better we are for it.  It is true, life giving sweetness.  Go ahead - “Taste and see that the Lord is good….”  Psalm 34:8

1 comment:

  1. Love it! as always :) With a pic like that I had no doubt the words would be fabulous as well!

    ReplyDelete