Saturday, November 7, 2015

He Knows And He Cares

 Picture by Caprice Miller

“Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are?” – Matthew 6:26


One of the most pleasant sounds to me is the whistle of a bird right after a storm passes. It’s as though it’s telling me, “You can come out now. The storm has passed and we’re all okay.” I also love those mornings when I wake up and that same whistle is the first thing I hear. It’s a sound that reminds me that this is a new day. It’s up to me to make it what I will of it. In either circumstance of hearing the whistle of a bird, it seems to be that sound that gets my attention and reminds me of who is in control. Thankfully, that is not me. 

The verse above is one of those “tape to the mirror verses”. I’m so thankful to know He has me on His mind. It is a reminder that we don’t have to carry the burdens of life alone. We were created by God and He knows exactly what trials we are going through. He knows who we are individually. We are important to Him. These are the reminders that give us hope when health, financial, relational or other circumstances challenge our lives. Those things that are typically out of our control. 

I’m sure that I am not alone in sometimes feeling that the world is closing in around me. The everyday circumstances of life can be daunting to the point of making me want to just want to pull the covers over my head and never get out of bed. And when additional life circumstances come crashing down on us, well, I’m just locking the doors and never going out again. But that isn’t helpful. The world is still revolving and life is still going on whether we decide to participate or not. Isolating ourselves from the world does not help. If only we didn’t have to worry, right?! 

What happens when life causes us to worry and stress about things beyond our control? Our minds begin to spin and become a breeding ground of negativity. The scenarios we can create with the unknowns of life are limitless and can be debilitating, if we allow them to be. That is why it is so important to remember the truths God’s Word gives us. The FACT that we are more important to Him than the birds of the air is just one truth. He tells us so many times in scripture to be strong and courageous. He tells us that He is with us. Here’s just one example: 

“This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”” – Joshua 1:9

This is another “tape to the mirror verse”. Knowing that God promises to be with me everywhere I go is a like lifting off a bolder. Many times I feel as though that bird whistle is meant to get my attention and remind me of this promise. He reminds me that He is in control, not me. What a comfort to know that the God of The Universe loves me, cares about me and is with me always in everything. 

Whatever the circumstance is you are in right now, know that you are NOT alone. 

“Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.” – Isaiah 41:10

Be encouraged today to stand strong and courageously knowing that God is faithful and powerful and is holding on to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment